- Course: Dessert
This Ginger Spice Cake is one of my mom’s cake recipes, and I am sure you will enjoy it. The term “Gingerbread” is used as an almost all-inclusive term for recipes that contain ginger.
My mother was known for her delicious desserts. At our weekly family gatherings, she was the designated person for the desserts and they were awesome. We use to look forward to her treats.
Ginger Spice Cake, has evolved into many different types of sweet and spicy treats made using ginger as the main flavor profile. These recipes were mostly developed and enjoyed in Europe and colonial America.
Traditional gingerbread is a soft and moist cake using ingredients such as brown sugar, spices, molasses, and ginger. There are many variations to traditional gingerbread, some that are similar to molasses or spice cakes, cookies, doughs, and even drinks like hot buttered rum.
Ginger Spice Cake
Gingerbread is the perfect holiday treat, and at the same time, an excellent family activity. It’s easy to prepare and comes with easy-to-find ingredients, making this the perfect recipe for your busy schedule.
Benefits of Eating Ginger
Ginger Spice Cake is a classic holiday treat. Ginger spice cake is not just delicious, it has health benefits!
- The ginger and cinnamon in it can aid your digestion and help to relieve nausea. It is also used in many traditional medicines due to its benefits.
- Ginger and cinnamon aid digestive problems like excess gas or diarrhea.
- Freshly baked cookies that smells like the holidays help to make a person feel happy.
- Ginger is high in vitamin C, manganese, and calcium.
- Ginger can help reduce nausea and indigestion.
- Ginger helps in the reduction of inflammation, joint pain and muscle pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger contains gingerol, a phenol compound with potent antioxidant activity by neutralizing free radicals, it aids to prevent oxidation in the body. Free radicals accumulate in our system and lead to oxidative stress. Heart disease and cancer are two chronic illnesses linked to free radicals. .
Is the Ginger Spice Cake moist?
Gingerbread should be moist. It shouldn’t ever be stale. The texture of the cake should have the ability to hold true to its form.
Gingerbread cookies are very delicious. The added ginger to cookies, cakes, drinks, and even savory dishes adds warmth to the recipe.
The pleasure would be mince if you would join my FaceBook family on Something Better Today.
No ingredients could be found for this recipe.
No instructions could be found for this recipe.