- Course: Dessert
This Ginger Spice Cake is one of my mom’s cake recipes, and I am sure you will enjoy it. The term “Gingerbread” is used as an almost all-inclusive term for recipes that contain ginger.
My mother was known for her delicious desserts. At our weekly family gatherings, she was the designated person for the desserts and they were awesome. We use to look forward to her treats.
Ginger Spice Cake, has evolved into many different types of sweet and spicy treats made using ginger as the main flavor profile. These recipes were mostly developed and enjoyed in Europe and colonial America.
Traditional gingerbread is a soft and moist cake using ingredients such as brown sugar, spices, molasses, and ginger. There are many variations to traditional gingerbread, some that are similar to molasses or spice cakes, cookies, doughs, and even drinks like hot buttered rum.
Ginger Spice Cake
Gingerbread is the perfect holiday treat, and at the same time, an excellent family activity. It’s easy to prepare and comes with easy-to-find ingredients, making this the perfect recipe for your busy schedule.
Benefits of Eating Ginger
Ginger Spice Cake is a classic holiday treat. Ginger spice cake is not just delicious, it has health benefits!
- The ginger and cinnamon in it can aid your digestion and help to relieve nausea. It is also used in many traditional medicines due to its benefits.
- Ginger and cinnamon aid digestive problems like excess gas or diarrhea.
- Freshly baked cookies that smells like the holidays help to make a person feel happy.
- Ginger is high in vitamin C, manganese, and calcium.
- Ginger can help reduce nausea and indigestion.
- Ginger helps in the reduction of inflammation, joint pain and muscle pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger contains gingerol, a phenol compound with potent antioxidant activity by neutralizing free radicals, it aids to prevent oxidation in the body. Free radicals accumulate in our system and lead to oxidative stress. Heart disease and cancer are two chronic illnesses linked to free radicals. .
Is the Ginger Spice Cake moist?
Gingerbread should be moist. It shouldn’t ever be stale. The texture of the cake should have the ability to hold true to its form.
Gingerbread cookies are very delicious. The added ginger to cookies, cakes, drinks, and even savory dishes adds warmth to the recipe.
Easy Ginger Bread
- 3/4 cups Soy margarine or oil
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Molasses
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger or grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Raisin
- 1/2 cup Walnut
- 2 teaspoon Rumford baking Powder
Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350ºF.
Place parchment paper on a baking pan or spray the pan.
Cream margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Combine all of the remaining ingredients and combine well.
Pour the cake into the pan and put it in the preheated oven.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden-brown.
Eggless Gingerbread Cake Recipe
This recipe is eggless, so it will be a wonderful treat for everyone at home. It is very easy to make and is a very healthy recipe. This ginger cake is very tasty, nutritious, and delicious.
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1/2 cup of oil
• 1/2 cup of milk (you can also use soy milk)
• 1 cup of water (you can also use juice)
• 1 cup of flour (any type or combination of flours will work)
• 1 cup of soy flour
(This is a great way to add some extra protein and fiber to your diet) If you are gluten-free, you can use brown rice flour instead. The choice is yours! Just remember that the mixture will be dryer for brown rice flour than for regular wheat flour. This shouldn’t be an issue because we’re adding more wet ingredients later, but if it bothers you too much then go ahead and try using whole wheat pastry flour instead! Or even half whole wheat pastry and half white bread.
So, try this eggless ginger cake recipe at home, and let me know if you like it. Let me assure you that this is not a difficult recipe to follow and the soft, moist, fluffy texture of this cake will impress everyone around.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
• In a mixing bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
• Another bowl, add butter, sugar, and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix well till it resembles breadcrumbs.
• Pour into a greased baking dish (about 30x20x5 cm) or loaf pan (8″x4″), and bake for 30 minutes, or when a wooden skewer into the center comes out clean.
What happens if you bake a cake without eggs?
If you’re comfortable experimenting, you can make a cake without eggs. It might be more delicate and firm than a conventional cake, but as long as you take precautions when cooking, you should be pleased with the outcome. An eggless cake tastes every bit as delicious as a cake containing eggs.
How do you store gingerbread cake?
Gingerbread cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, depending on how well it is wrapped. Remove the cake from the freezer and bring it to room temperature before serving. Gingerbread cake can also be frozen for long-term storage, such as gifted seasonal baking.
The gingerbread cake has a nice taste and looks with a fruity flavor. By making this gingerbread you can make your children happy. Ginger is a vegetable that is widely used as a spice in many traditional cuisines, especially in Asia and the South Pacific. It is often used to impart a pungent flavor to foods, beverages, and candies, and it has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for stomach problems or the common cold.
My overall impression of this cake was that it had a nice spice to it. It was not overpowering in any way, but the spices complemented each other nicely. I think that it is worth giving a try.
Give it a try and leave a comment letting us know if you enjoyed it!
The pleasure would be mince if you would join my FaceBook family on Something Better Today.
No ingredients could be found for this recipe.
No instructions could be found for this recipe.