This Cuban Black Beans Slow Cooker recipe is a Spanish dish that will go well with plain white rice, bread, or just a salad. I have always enjoyed black beans and their flavor. What I love most is it is naturally a flavorful bean and very high in protein and fiber.
I hope you enjoyed this Resource and Recipe. If you did you can choose to share and follow this and other resource material on my other Social Media platforms, TIKTOK, SOMETHING BETTER TODAY, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
- 3 cup Cooked beans
- 1/2 cup Diced carrots
- 1/2 cup Diced potato
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Vege sal
- 1/2 tsp. Sweet basil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Water from the beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 cup Onion minced
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Chicken Style Seasoning
Simmer onions and garlic in a 1/4 cup of water until onions are tender. Add cooked beans and all other ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes more. Some people like to add a teaspoon of lemon to the black beans recipe, enhances the taste. Also to stretch the recipe you can add some diced potatoes and carrots.
- Sort and rinse the beans from the pack.
- Add the dry beans to the crockpot and add the water. Ensure that you add the water is at least 2 inches above the bean.
- Turn the slow cooker on high and allow it to cook for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Add onions, carrots, garlic, and other spices.
- At the end of the cooking, add the other ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over plain rice, with bread, or just a salad. Enjoy!
Can this be made in advance?
This recipe can be made in advance of your guest and placed in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Otherwise, the beans can be kept in the freezer for about 2 months in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.