My dad would always tell us as children that he was Indian. I missed my dad today and thought why not make a dish that would remind me of his amazing cooking. He was a chef extraordinaire.
Here is an Indian dish that is sold on the streets of India by the natives. The street vendors sell these delightful bites as spicy fritters.
The cauliflower is the most digestible of the cabbage family. Even though it comes from a family of foods known to cause flatulence, cauliflower is used widely in most parts of the world. It is one of the best foods for persons with digestive tract issues like gastritis, ulcers, and dyspepsia. It comes in white, purple and green.
I hope you enjoy them. You can carry them for parties such as bites or finger foods. I enjoy them with rice, macaroni, or by themselves.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that helps us to reduce the risk of cancer. It is particularly great for the colon, rectum, and stomach and may also aid the prostate and the bladder. rich in potassium, vitamin c, and fiber, it is a great food for diabetics.
The indoles found in the cauliflower stimulates the body’s immune system to inhibit the ability of cancer cells to grow. Hence, you should include this cruciferous vegetable in your diet today, as we all have cancer cells lurking in our bodies.
In addition to cancer, cauliflower is also known to help persons with cardiovascular disorders, obesity, kidney, and disorders.
A very similar recipe can be found on this page of Something Better Today: https://somethingbettertoday.com/cauliflower-wings/#recipe
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 1 cup cornmeal, fine
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder, Aluminum free
- 1 tsp curry power
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Flour, for sprinkling
- Cut cauliflower into bite size flowers.
- Wash and pat dry with a hand towel.
- Measure all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until it is all incorporated.
- Add enough water to make a slightly thick batter. The batter should not be too runny or it will not stick to the cauliflower.
- Take the 1/2 cup of flour and a pinch of salt and sprinkle on the cauliflower, prior to placing the cauliflower in the batter.
- Take the cauliflower and add it to the mixture and make sure it is well coated.
- Make sure the oil is medium to high heat before adding the cauliflower to the pot. The oil should be at least 3 inches in depth. This enables the cauliflower to float once it begins cooking.
- Once it is golden brown all around then you are sure it is ready. Top it with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Here is a healthier option for those who desire to bake instead of frying. This is a baked version in the Toaster Oven,
Bake at high heat 450 for 30 mins or until golden brown. The texture will be a bit different, but the taste is the same.
Certainly, this is a better option for our health. The toaster oven works well for small portions and so I say to you to dust it off and get it moving again.
Thanks Marlene it looks delicious and I definitely will try this